Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Journal #30: School Uniforms

We should not have to wear uniforms in school because we are not a private school. We are a public school. We do, however, have a dress code that is enforced. The basic clothing problems, like bottoms that are too short and clothes that are too revealing, are covered by the dress code and infractions of this are usually punished. And last time I checked, a lot of teachers at our school have been pretty good about dealing with these issues, especially with giving warnings before actually doling out punishments.

The last thing that (most of here at Pleasant Plains High School) us want is school uniforms. Why bother? We aren't little kids and wearing what you want to school, as long as it is appropriate, should not be considered a big deal. I do not think teachers and whatnot should place a lot of emphasis on what students wear to school as long as it is not something awful and outrageous or sickeningly inappropriate. Because, okay, I'm going to be honest here- the girls at our school typically dress more in a more conservative style than at other schools. And have you seen those skirts they wear at SHG?

Sketchy.

But again, we go to a public school...do we not? I mean, the last time I checked this was in fact a public school and forcing everyone into uniforms would probably cause an uproar and who knows, maybe less people would attend this fair school. And this school is in no position to be losing any of the scant enrollment money that is received. I'm just saying...budget cuts are not kind to schools.

I actually have an amazingly simple opinion on this matter- I don't want to wear a uniform to school. If I did, I would just pay 50 million dollars and go to SHG instead. Shabam.

Uniforms are stupid and ugly and usually made out of really scratchy, porous material and I refuse to even consider it.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment