Thursday, January 13, 2011

Journal #31: Daydream

Okay...confession time. I daydream during church. Mostly during the energetic singing parts but sometimes during the sermon itself. I can't help it. For me, listening to Roger Ross talk for half an hour is definitely considered a bad situation. So to fill the time, I often resort to daydreaming. These daydreams usually consist of some kind of escape route. I would have to say that the most creative of these would be the daydream where the church filled up with water for some reason and I then had to kick through the windows to make my escape. I do not know why that scenario popped into my head, but it did and then I just ran with it.

I daydream during class, too. Even English class. I apologize, Mr. Langley, but sometimes your voice/my tiredness just lull me away and BAM...daydream time. And then BAM...I have no idea what is going on. Are you reading this? I kind of feel bad about this confession of mine if you are. But do not fret, because I daydream far less in English than I do in A.P. US History, especially when we watch those movies on the Reconstruction.

Hmm...I also daydream during Sociology (but very rarely), Chemistry (a lot), and General P.E., which would explain me getting kicked in the face so often. I do not daydream during Art III (because we're doing art...drawing pictures and sculpting and such...how difficult is that?), Film and Fiction (because we are watching movies and I actually have to do a worksheet on those bad boys), or Advanced Algebra II (because let's be honest, I would fail and Mrs. Williams might throw something at me).

However, I still love daydreaming. One of my most recent daydreams was about having little suction cup things on my hands and feet so that I would be able to scale buildings like Peter Parker. It sounds ridiculous, I know.

But it was splendiferously fantastic and I do not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment