Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Journal #12: Partners

I like working with partners, mainly because I like having someone to talk to while I work. But not when it's a person I don't know, because that's just awkward and I do not enjoy that amount of awkwardness. Another thing I like about having partners for projects/homework is that you have another person to share the work load with it.

Unless you have own of those people who don't work at all. That really irks me something fierce, because I definitely don't want to do all of the work by myself. I think the best thing you can have in a partner for schoolwork is someone that is willing to share the workload evenly and fairly. There are also a few exceptions, like if you are really, really good at something and your partner is unbelievably bad, you should probably be the one to handle that thing. But if that is the case, then your partner should take care of the other smaller aspects of the project so that it is even and much balanced out between the two of you (or more if it's a group project, I guess).

In some classes, like Spanish, I think that partners are pretty much a necessity. Especially for all those in class assignments and oral presentation that Senor Ares enjoys dishing out on a daily basis. Because I, for one, am extremely bad at Spanish. It's a disgrace. And I probably would have failed last year if Alexis hadn't been my partner, because she was good at speaking Spanish. She did the speaking part, and since I am better at the written part, that was I did. It was a fair deal and if I remember correctly, I passed Spanish II with flying colors. But now Senor Ares is shunning me because I refused to take Spanish III.

I like having partners. I think it's fun and you can still have an advantage in getting your work done. But the best thing is when your best friend is your partner, because you can actually talk and have fun while getting your work done. The End.

2 comments:

  1. Si, Senorita Lola, those assignments suck. I like that you are honest and tell the truth about how our positions as students are being taken advantage by teachers as the completely disregard the child labor laws. I completely agree with your idea that partners are necessity in Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Partners are definitely a necessity in Spanish. I like all the different vocabulary you use in your blogs.

    ReplyDelete