Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Journal #15: Logic and Reason

At the moment, I am not using much logic and reason. Because honestly, I'm freaking out. Advanced Algebra II is slowly but surely killing me- stabbing me in the heart with an icicle so that there is technically no weapon to use as evidence after the fact. I see life flashing before my eyes, but I'm not sure if it's actually my life flashing before my eyes (that's how much I'm freaking out right now). It's basically just a blur of fruit gushers and "As Told By Ginger" and peanut butter, so I'm guessing it's my life.

My own logic and reasoning is melting down into a little puddle of mush, with scraps of division signs and fractions mixed in for good measure. I wouldn't be surprised if I feel asleep tonight and dreamed of nothing but order of operations and exponents and whatnot, because that's how much math is taking over my life right now. It's a pretty wild ride, and I can honestly say that I am not enjoying it and would like to get off of the hypothetical "train" and the next stop, please. And if there are no stops, I will climb through a window of said "train" and roll on out to freedom, Indiana Jones-style.

In this Indiana Jones-esque escape, I am Indiana Jones, famous archaeologist/crime fighter/protector of ancient artifacts, and Advanced Algebra II would be the bad guys who are trying to steal Coronado's Cross.

Most of the time, when I'm not re-enacting famous scenes from Indiana Jones and I am not completely freaking out, I use my logic and reason pretty well. When I've got a problem, I always try and figure out what the best solution would be, not always the easiest solution. I am not always successful in doing this, but I always at least try. I think you pretty much have to use logic and reasoning to solve your problems, because if you don't use that, the problems are not really solved. Instead, they are just kind of patched up and tucked away, not fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment