Friday, September 3, 2010

Journal #4: Travel

Traveling is one of my favorite things to do. Over the past year, I have gone on several vacations with my family members, including Washington D.C., New York City, Florida, and Kentucky.

For Spring Break, my parents and sister and our friend Jenna went to Washington D.C. to stay for a couple of days. Over the four days that we were there, we stayed in a hotel in Springfield, Virginia and took the Metro into D.C. every morning. During our vacation we went to the Holocaust Museum, Lincoln's Monument, Washington's Monument, and several other monuments. We also went on a very extremely boring tour of the Capitol building, and almost had to tour a wing of the White House. Luckily, we got out of that one because the line was too long and it was so hot that people started passing out. Overall, our vacation was boring except for when Jenna got captured by the Metro one day.

In June, my sister and grandma and I, along with our friend Brianna, went to New York City. While we were there, we shopped and went to a lot of museums and whatnot. After eating some seriously disgusting street vendor food, we also saw two Broadway shows and went to the Hershey store and the M&M store. We stayed for five days and lived out the dream of tourists everywhere.

In July, I went with my parents, sister, grandma, uncle, two cousins, and best friend Alexis to Florida. For four days, we stayed in Disney World and went to all of the parks and rode a lot of rides. Then, after our stay in Orlando was over, we all drove over to Vero Beach, Florida, to spend the next five days at the beach.

Towards the end of July, I went on a mission trip with my youth group at church. It was through the Appalachian Service Project, and 23 of us went to Jackson, Kentucky. During our trip we fixed up a house and did insulation, paneling, and painting. It was extremely hot, and the house did not have any air conditioning and also had very poor air circulation. By the end of the week, I was extremely relieved to be going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment